Applications are now being accepted for Volunteers for 2022 - 23 Academic Year
JOIN THE MOVEMENT
What is Teach for Change Literacy Program?
- The Literacy Program for primary schools focuses on the Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing Skills of the children.
- Our Volunteer Teachers deliver the modules which has Basic English Grammar, Learning Words with Exercises, Story Reading and Life Skills, at the Government Schools (for 3 rd and 4 th Grades) in their community.
- We provide Teacher Manuals to all the volunteer teachers and Work Books to all the students who are involved in the program.
- There are periodical assessments to monitor the academic growth of the children.
- This academic year, i.e., 2022 – 2023, Volunteer Teachers shall teach for either Grade 3 and Grade 4 in the Government Primary Schools of Telangana (Hyderabad, Ranga Reddy and Medchal Districts), or Andhra Pradesh (Vijayawada and Vizag) or Karnataka (Bangalore) or Tamil Nadu (Chennai).
Who is a Volunteer Teacher?
- The Literacy Program is delivered by passionate and committed volunteers from all walks of life who devote a minimum of two hours every week to classroom teaching. Volunteers will have the option to choose the days/timings (Monday to Saturday) to teach in the Application.
- Every Volunteer commits to this program for a minimum of six months or one academic year.
- Volunteer Teacher will have the flexibility to seek a government school of their choice and Teach for Change team will make efforts to allocate the same.
- Volunteer Teachers will undergo one to two days training in May before they are deployed in the schools.
- Volunteer Teachers will be engaged continuously (For concerns, Networking events, Refresher trainings, Virtual meetings) throughout the year by the Program team of Teach for Change.