Teach For Change Privacy Notice
Teach For Change is committed to respecting your personal data protection and privacy rights. Therefore, this notice is meant to provide you with a clear understanding of the types of personal data we may collect in our role as a data controller, the purposes for which we may use the information, the circumstances in which we may share the information and the steps we take to safeguard this information.
There may be different circumstances where you provide personal data to Teach For Change. The types and amount of personal data you provide will depend on the reasons you are communicating with Teach For Change. In some instances, this personal data may only be basic contact information. In other instances, it may be more in depth such as professional qualifications or any other information. Regardless of the specific type of information you are providing, Teach For Change takes your data privacy seriously.
After collecting personal data from you, Teach For Change may sort through and process that data. Because Teach For Change determines the means and purpose for processing the data it collects. Teach For Change adheres to certain practices and disclosures in its data security mechanisms, and the manner in which it respects your rights.
Data We Collect and Why
Teach For Change will collect and process a variety of personal data from various parties with which it interacts. However, Teach For Change does not process data unless its processing is supported by a legitimate interest, contractual agreement, or legal obligation.
The types of personal data that Teach For Change may collect from you, depending on the purpose for which you are providing the information, include:
- Basic contact information such as name, address, email address, and telephone number;
- Employment-related information such as work history, education, current employer, division, department, title, and job duties;
- Contact information for external references such as name, employer, position, and relationship;
- In certain limited circumstances, documents and information to verify identity such as a passport, national identity card, driver’s license, or tax number;
- In certain limited circumstances, documents to verify address, such as invoices or billing statements from governmental, municipal entities or utility companies;
- Identifying information, including nationality and year, or sometimes date of birth;
- Financial information associated with donations; and
- Voluntarily-provided information through surveys and questionnaires.
This is a broad description of the types of personal information we may process. To understand how your own personal information is processed in particular circumstances, you may need to refer to any personal communications you may have received from us, check any privacy notices we may have provided to you or made available on our site, or contact us to ask about your personal circumstances.
There are several purposes for which we will collect this information:
- Newsletters and email to you – We use contact information that you voluntarily provide to us, for example through the Subscription Link, to send you the newsletters and email messages that you request us to send. By participating in Teach For Change campaigns, you will be given the opportunity to “opt in” to receive email updates from us. At any time, you can withdraw that consent and opt-out of receiving additional newsletters or updates from us by clicking the "unsubscribe" option when updating your contact information in the email communications you receive.
- Communications with Teach For Change – When you send us an email message or otherwise contact us, we may use the information provided by you to respond to your communication and/or as described in this privacy notice. Also, we may archive this information and/or use it for future communications with you.
- Applications – When you complete our on-line application for employment, volunteering or internship with Teach For Change we may use the information provided by you to respond to your communication and/or as described in this privacy notice. Also, we may archive this information and/or use it for future
communication with you. When you submit your application, you grant Teach For Change permission to publicize anonymous group biographical data taken from your application. Teach For Change may also use the information to contact references or conduct a background check.
- Donations – Through our third-party partners, we use personal data collected when you make a donation on our Website to process your donation, and we may also archive your contact information and/or use it for future communications with you. We do not archive your financial information.
- Government Authorities, Legal Rights and Actions – Teach For Change may share your personal data with various government authorities in response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights or to protect our property; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise
required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us. We also may share your personal data when we believe it is appropriate to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of
Teach For Change, the website, our users, customers, or others; and in connection with our other agreements.
We may also share your personal data in the course of, or relating to, a transaction for the sale, merger, or other reorganization of our business, or a transfer to a successor organization. If such a transfer occurs, the successor organization’s use of your personal data will still be subject to this Privacy Notice and the consents and preferences you have expressed to us.
exercising choices about the collection of information about your online activities to this Website. We do not currently make any guarantee that we will honour DNT signals or similar mechanisms. Where Your Information Will Go We will not share your personal information with third parties, except as described herein, in separate data notices that you may receive from us or as authorized by you. Teach For Change may share personal and other information with one another in the course of and for the purpose of providing services such as those described above to their members and partners. We may also share some of your information with our partner organizations and with companies that perform support services to Teach For Change, such as accounting or legal firms, firms that provide data hosting or database management services, and other technical support. These third parties are required to maintain the confidentiality of your personal information and to use your personal information only in providing services to Teach For Change. Under limited circumstances, your personal information may be disclosed to third parties to comply with applicable laws and regulations, such as in response to a subpoena or similar legal process, or to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. Any other disclosure of your personal information will be pursuant to your express consent.
Regardless of your physical location, any of the data subject to this agreement may, at any time, be transferred to the Indian Jurisdiction or in other jurisdictions where Teach For Change operates – where data privacy laws may be less stringent than the laws in the your country.
How Long Your Data Will Be Kept
Typically, we retain your data for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes for which you provided the information. However, Teach For Change may decide to delete your data if Teach For Change believes that the data is incomplete, inaccurate, or that our continued use and storage are contrary to our obligations to other individuals or third parties. When we delete personal data, it will be removed from our active data storage platforms, but it may remain in archives where it is not practical or possible to delete it. In addition, Teach For Change may keep data as needed to comply with its legal obligations, resolve disputes, and/or enforce any of our agreements.
While the terms of this notice do not specify a particular length of time for which data may be kept, Teach For Change will always comply with its legal obligations to keep data for only so long as it has a permissible purpose for processing it.
Teach For Change will respect and adhere to your data rights under applicable law. Unless subject to an exemption under any applicable law, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- Your right to withdraw this consent, including both the consent to processing and the consent to the transfer of your data to the Indian Jurisdiction;
- The right to request a copy of your personal data that Teach For Change holds;
- The right to request that Teach For Change correct any personal data if it is inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request that your personal data be erased where it is no longer necessary for Teach For Change to retain such data;
- The right to request a restriction on further processing where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data;
- If Teach For Change has relied on your consent to process your data, the right to request that Teach For Change provide you with the personal data that Teach For Change possesses, and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller;
- If Teach For Change has relied on your consent to support its processing of your data, the right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time;
- If Teach For Change has relied on its own legitimate interests, including its direct marketing efforts, to support processing your personal data, the right to object to the processing of your personal data. Should you have any questions about this notice or desire to exercise any of the rights listed above, you should contact Teach For Change at email@example.com
If Teach For Change wishes to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this notice, Teach For Change will explain to you such use and set out the relevant purposes and processing conditions prior to commencing the processing. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing. You may always withdraw your consent at any time.